Al's quiet weekend in Iceland
This weekend, Al has been visiting us!
He arrived late Thursday night and thought he would have a relaxing weekend with us, maybe write some code and have a few beers.
This is what actually happened:
- We stayed up until the wee hours chatting
- Beer and geeky things at Hemmi og Valdi
- Dinner with Logi and Sho
- Partied until way late (KB! Barbara!)
- Cured hangover with soup
- Gay pride, parade!
- Beer in the sun
- Beer in the grass
- Pizza party at Fribbi and Árni's place
- Noodle station breakfast
- Drove to Akranes, explored (routes 1, 51)
- Drove all over Snæfellsnes (route 51, 1, 54):
- Walked in a lava field
- Saw basalt columns and berries
- Saw a very sad (dry) natural spring
- Explored Rauðfeldargjá
- Admired Snæfellsjökull
- Discovered the Beruvík beach
- Visited the lighthouse on Öndverðarnes
- Bought an awesome beer-mitt at Hellissandur
- Saw a billion arctic terns near Rif
- Camped in Stykkishólmur
- Drove the scenic route (54, 55, 54, 1) back to Reykjavík
- Gravel roads!
- Explored a lava field with some caves.
- Climbed atop a cindercone, saw the crater.
- Drove to the airport via. Krýsuvík (routes 41, 42, 427, 43, 41)
- Saw hot springs!
- Drove fast on gravel roads
- Made it to the airport on time!